1. Sitting for too long- Sitting causes 40% more spinal pressure than standing. Try to stretch every 30 minutes to prevent this.
2. Having your car seat in a bad position- Sit at a 90 degree angle and move the seat so reaching the wheel and pedals isn’t a stretch.
3. Skipping exercise- Approximately 40% of people cut exercise when they have back pain. Walking, stretching and yoga speed healing.
4. Overloading purse/briefcase- Heavy bags imbalance the shoulders. The maximum safe weight to carry on one side is 10% of your body weight.
5. Eating an unhealthy diet- Weight gain can be a source of your back pain as well as clogged arteries.
6. Sleeping on an old mattress- A worn out mattress can cause your spine to sag at night. Replace your mattress every 5-7 years if you have back pain.
7. Wearing high heels- Back muscles have to work harder when you wear heels. Add a cushioned insole and don’t walk long distances if you must wear them.
8. Letting stress build up- Anger and stress cause muscle tension in the back. Talk to your Spring Hill chiropractor about stress management techniques.
9. Watching too much TV- 15 hours of TV/week causes 3x increase in lower back pain. Cut viewing time and stretch during commercials.
10. Ignoring back pain- Back pain can get progressively worse. Seek treatment from Boze Chiropractic in Spring Hill, Florida.
At Boze Chiropractic, we provide advanced spinal correction and chiropractic adjustments utilizing “state of the art” chiropractic techniques. Never in the history of chiropractic care have chiropractors been able to provide the level of help and expertise that is available today. Many of the newest chiropractic techniques are actually safer, more comfortable and more effective than ever before. As a chiropractor who cares about utilizing the most advanced chiropractic techniques, Dr. Gabriel Boze has years of training, expertise and experience in helping patients get pain relief for back pain, neck pain, headaches, and other related conditions originating from the spine. Chiropractic care under a trained professional can even be used to prevent injuries and help you achieve total health or wellness.